There are a good side and a bad side to almost everything on this planet. Why then would technology be any different? For many, technology is a boon that has changed their lives drastically but only a few have the eye to notice the side effects of technology.
On the plus side:
- Technology has simplified communication making it possible for us to communicate with anyone in any part of the world.
- It has also contributed much in the field of transportation that has made us see and experience many joys of this world, which otherwise would not have been possible without transportation.
- Technology has been a lifesaver in the health industry by giving birth to many life-saving inventions that have resulted in an increase in the life expectancy of mankind.
- It has also contributed to a better and improved means of living and in combating several social issues. Check out PaySpi on how technology has helped combat drug abuse.
- It has also impacted education and the different means by which people can learn newer things.
However, on the negative side, technology affects us in the following manner:
- We forget living life in a simple manner rather dread missing out in life by comparing what others have by trusting the internet.
- We have even the most unwanted things cluttered in our life.
- We have lost focus in what we do and there has been a shift in the way we read books and journals, mostly by overlooking details and simply browsing through lines.
- We have lost the art to appreciate and fully participate in something that is non-technical. For instance, we spend more time on our phones and camera at a family get together or a concert rather than living at the moment.
- We have invited many health-related issues, for instance, too much time on the computer can strain your eyes and back.
Hence, it is important to understand how technology impacts our life and it is up to us to choose to what extent we should allow technology to affect us. Technology has given us so many good things but at the same time has taken some from us as well. Make sure to be wise when it comes to being tech-savvy in the future.…